Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Home » Banana-Coconut Bread from Scratch (and Quick!)

bananabread
The other day, my babysitter had dug out my mom’s Banana Bread recipe to make use of some “rotten” bananas. It was yum.
A few days later, I still had some old bananas lying around and was craving some coconut. It was a Sunday spring morning, and before I headed out to clean my garage, I made this with no fuss and no muss.
Minutes later, most of it was already devoured…
Minutes later...
Minutes later
Banana-Coconut Bread from Scratch
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour  (I used half whole wheat and half white)
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup “rotten” bananas
  • ½ cup coconut
  • 1 pat butter for the top (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix ingredients together. The batter might seem a bit dry, but don’t worry about it! [Note: the original recipe called for all sorts of sifting and sorting and mixing, but I don't have time for that, and turns out it was completely unnecessary.]
  3. Scoop mixture into a loaf pan and dot the top with butter (if you feel like it).
  4. Bake for approximately 50 minutes—or until a knife or wooden kabob stick comes out clean.
  5. Devour.
Next time I might try adding pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

id="blogfeeds"><$BlogFeedsVertical$>

id="postfeeds"><$BlogItemFeedLinks$>